Help Wanted: Operations Manager
Full time, salaried, exempt
Reports to: CEO/President
Supervises: Store Manager
The Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in the Albuquerque Museum Foundation, ensuring seamless operational functions across various departments. The position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong managerial, administrative, and interpersonal skills to support the Foundation's mission and contribute to its continued success.
- Act as the primary liaison and administrator for all Foundation vendors, overseeing RFP and selection processes, contract negotiations, task assignments, workflow management, and problem-solving.
- Provide leadership and expertise as part of the senior staff in managing day-to-day Foundation functions.
- Risk Management: Implement and oversee risk management policies and procedures for the Foundation.
- Compliance Oversight: Ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements, including tax filings, permits, and nonprofit compliance.
- Process Improvement: Identify areas for operational improvement and implement strategies for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness.
- Cross-departmental Collaboration: Foster collaboration between different Foundation departments for streamlined operations and shared goals.
- Event Support: Collaborate with the Director of Events and Donor Relations to support event logistics, especially concerning facilities, technology, and vendor coordination.
Property & Facilities
- Ensure the safety and functionality of the Foundation's office and provide necessary equipment and facilities for staff to meet organizational goals.
- Supervise vendors responsible for maintaining the Batten House property and grounds.
- Provide ongoing operational support to the organization and its staff, handling tasks big and small to ensure a safe, clean work environment.
- Act as the main contact for telecom and technology vendors to ensure smooth operations of tech resources.
- Manage staff credit card usage and ensure timely completion of monthly reporting.
- Create monthly reports tracking Foundation funds available for the Albuquerque Museum.
- Coordinate with the audit firm and assist in managing banking and investment relationships.
- Act as a backup fiduciary representative and aid in the annual Foundation budget creation.
- Support the recording of income funds and assist in managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes.
- Maintain all personnel files and facilitate annual staff performance evaluations.
- Manage and log all PTO requests, update the Employee Handbook, and handle HR-related inquiries.
- Coordinate with payroll, health insurance, and retirement plan vendors to ensure optimal service within budget constraints.
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain and update all employee job descriptions.
- Supervise the hiring and onboarding process for all new employees.
- Supervise Museum Store personnel, supervise inventory processes, and generate monthly inventory/sales reports.
- Assist in the annual inventory audit.
- Manage strategic conversations about improving inventory management practices and sales revenue.
Additional duties as assigned.
This full-time/exempt position reports to the Foundation's CEO/President, works closely across all departments, and directly manages the Store Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, nonprofit management, or relevant field preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in operations management, preferably in a nonprofit or arts organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in vendor management, contract negotiations, and administrative processes.
- HR knowledge and experience handling personnel matters.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem-solve effectively.
Compensation & Benefits
The Foundation will provide a competitive annual salary of $55,000 to $65,000 to a well-qualified candidate, based on experience. Additional benefits include:
- SIMPLE IRA with an employer match
- Medical insurance with United Healthcare
- Dental insurance with Delta Dental
- Flexible Spending Account for unreimbursed medical expenses and dependent child care expenses
- Paid sick leave of (6) six days per year
- Paid personal time of (13) thirteen days per year, (18) eighteen days per year after (1) one year of employment
The Albuquerque Museum Foundation is an independent, nonprofit corporation that provides funding to further the cultural, historical, and educational programs and exhibitions at the Albuquerque Museum, which is a division of the City of Albuquerque Cultural Services Department. The museum serves as Albuquerque’s cultural center and a leading institution for art, history, and culture in the region. With its mix of highly esteemed permanent collections, world-class special exhibitions, events, educational programming, the Slate at the Museum Café, and the museum store, the museum offers a special place for visitors to gather, explore, and learn.
If you think you fit the bill for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter by December 31, 2023. Please note: A cover letter is required. If we do not receive one, your application will be considered incomplete. You may submit your materials through LinkedIn or send them directly to us at: email@example.com.