Exhibition on view to the general public:
October 25–December 6, 2020

 

ArtsThrive: Art Exhibition & Benefit is an invitational exhibition hosted by the Albuquerque Museum Foundation and held at the Albuquerque Museum.

 

ArtsThrive is a unique art collecting experience and fundraiser for the Albuquerque Museum. Participating artists are selected through a juried review process. Collectors will see a broad assortment of works of art, many of which were created here in New Mexico—and from across the nation. The artists receive 60 percent of the proceeds. The remaining 40 percent provides funding for Albuquerque Museum’s educational programs for children and families, and Museum exhibition support. ArtsThrive offers a platform for collectors, art lovers, and artists alike.

 

2020 ARTISTS

View a list of artists who have been accepted to the 2020 ArtsThrive Exhibition and Benefit.

 


For general information about ArtsThrive, contact Erik Parker at the Albuquerque Museum Foundation, 505-842-0111.

Although we cannot host large gatherings at the Albuquerque Museum in the foreseeable future, we know many of you are dedicated sponsors, art buyers and participants, and would like to continue to show your support. We are proud to announce that the 30th annual ArtsThrive Art Exhibition & Benefit will occur online, featuring the following two celebratory components:

 

LIVE ONLINE AUCTION

The ArtsThrive Live Online Auction will come to you on the Bidsquare platform. This event will begin on October 24 at 6 p.m. with a spirited live online auction of 12 artworks and the evening’s fund-a-need. Your party of 10 can join us from the comfort of your hosted location and we will deliver your dinner and champagne!

 

TIMED ONLINE AUCTION

The ArtsThrive Timed Online Auction features over 300 original juried works of art by outstanding artists from around the country. Online bidding opens October 24, directly following our live online auction, and will close on November 8, starting at 5 p.m. MST.

Why Give to Albuquerque Museum Foundation Now?

 

Even with Museum closures and cancelled in-person field trips, Albuquerque Museum Foundation upholds its mission of support for Museum programming and exhibitions.  This includes virtual programming: Magic Bus, Third Thursdays, and other beloved programs are transitioning to an online format for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.  Funding needs for this new format include production costs: professional videographers, content producers, and associated staffing.  Magic Bus art supplies are being provided to schools for students’ use during these digital sessions.  Artwork at the Museum must be kept safe and climate controlled, ensuring best collection management practices continue even without the public’s participation in viewing those artworks.  Security and grounds upkeep/maintenance continues at the Museum so that our facility and the artistic gems kept on the grounds and inside the building are well cared for.  In short, life at the Albuquerque Museum continues for our artworks, facilities, and staff, though we are temporarily without our most cherished element: our audience.

 

Please contact Elaine Richardson, erichardson@albuquerquemuseumfoundation, 505-338-8733, with any questions or to request further information.